Homeschooling Why and How

Homeschooling re: Time Magazine Article, “Please, Please Go to Sleep.”

Homeschooling re:  Time Magazine Article, “Please, Please Go to Sleep.”

This article states that in a Canadian study 68% of teens felt sleepy between 8am and 10am.  Of course, that’s the beginning of the school day.  And 23% felt their grades suffered as a result.  My guess is that is higher and/or that the other 77% were already putting in minimal effort for just passing grades anyway.  The article also connects getting enough sleep with good health.  How lucky we are that our homeschooled kids can sleep when sleepy and study when refreshed.  It would be interesting to do a study on the health of homeschooled kids versus schooled kids.  I have a pretty good idea how that would turn out!

You can read the Time article here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *